What we do
- Investing in initiatives that increase grassroots women economic power and participation in all leadership and governance starting at the household level.
- Increasing and sustaining quality involvement of grassroots women in leadership and governance as stipulated by Kenya Constitution 2010
- Supporting grassroots women’s movement to build constituencies and lead initiatives that press for systemic change in the decision-making/power structures that affect development processes
- Conducting grassroots Social Audit and monitoring (of budgets, programs, service delivery) where Public resources are used.
- Promoting establishment of platform and Mentorship program for grassroots women’s governance initiatives and for women contesting for office
- Evaluation of leadership development process to assess the quality of leadership grassroots women have produced internally and externally
- Link grassroots women with development practitioners and partners to advance local investments initiatives.
- Create mechanisms to share grassroots perspective and work on promoting women efforts in development with partners and stakeholders
- Grassroots women’s knowledge management (tool creation), exchange and transfer
- Documentation and strengthening of communication systems for grassroots women development practitioners to learn and exchange lessons
- Support learning processes (exchange and transfer; M&E)